Idaho Community Health Worker
Employer/Community Sponsoring Agency Application
The Idaho Department of Health and Welfare (IDHW), through the Idaho Statewide Healthcare Innovation Plan (SHIP), is implementing a Community Health Worker (CHW) training program in collaboration with Idaho State University. The application for this new program consists of two parts: the student application and completion of this application from the student’s employer or community sponsoring agency.
The following categories support SHIP. Priority is given to students employed by a SHIP cohort clinic. Students in category 2 and 3 are eligible for this opportunity and encouraged to apply:
Category 1: CHW student applicants currently employed by Patient-Centered Medical Homes in SHIP Cohort Clinics.
Category 2: CHW applicants employed by Idaho Primary Care Clinics or Patient-Centered Medical Homes not currently part of SHIP Cohort Clinics.
Category 3: Applicants currently employed or volunteering as CHWs in other types of community organizations or settings.
Data must be collected and reported quarterly by the CHW and the employer/community organization to IDHW on the following required measures for one year after course completion. CHWs and employers may also choose to report additional optional measures to support the evaluation of this new program.
1. Total number of patients contacted by the Community Health Worker
2. Total number of unique patients served by the Community Health Worker
3. Total number of outreach or educational events provided by the Community Health Worker
1. Number and percent of patients referred for additional services by the Community Health Worker
2. Number and percent of patients completing referrals by the Community Health Worker
3. Number and percent of patients assessed or screened by the Community Health Worker
4. No show rate (number of appointments kept/number of appointments scheduled in the clinic)